Your wait at CAM to meet with an interviewer to assess your situation could be lengthy. During your interview, we will address your current situation and discuss ways to help you improve your financial situation. Please be prepared to explain what created your crisis and to discuss all household income and expenses. CAM may require that you or others in your home search for work or apply for other benefits to improve your situation before we offer assistance. We may also require you access services at another agency before being interviewed at CAM if we believe they can better meet your needs. We cannot guarantee that if you are interviewed, you will be offered assistance. If you are approved for financial assistance, all checks are mailed directly to the vendor.
The following will make your visit less stressful:
- Be sure to bring everything listed in the “What To Bring” section. We cannot serve you without all of this information.
- Arrive early during busy times to assure that you can be seen.
- Wear weather appropriate clothing when waiting outside for our office to open. The line forms early during the busiest times of the year.
- Bring a book or something to read. If accompanied by your children, bring something to entertain them, adequate diapers and formula, a snack, and other supplies needed for a lengthy wait.
- Be honest about your situation. If we discover that you have been untruthful, we will not offer assistance. We will verify information with your landlord and other agencies.